Last night I had a different than usual Christmas party… we went axe throwing, yup, sharp axes that you throw at a wooden bulls-eye. It was loud, got frustrating at times because your aim is good but you can’t get it to stick into the wood, and also times you feared for your life with axes bouncing back at you, but it was overall so much fun! There was so much adrenaline running through my body that I felt good physically, and when you finally do get the axe right in the center bulls-eye you have such a feeling of accomplishment and strength! I also got to know the people I work with better – I feel like our relationships grew as we cheered on each other as well as played into some friendly competition. If you ever get the chance to go axe throwing, I highly recommend you go all in!
Another thing that comes with the holiday season is the gift giving. If you haven’t yet, check here for my holiday gift guide of Food and Lifestyle goodies. Today’s gift guide is all around Beauty! The beauty industry has grown enormously that it’s hard at times to keep up, but the great thing about this is that there is something out there for everyone! To help you out I’ve curated a guide for the beauty addict in your life (or again it might end up on your own list) and links of where you can find them!
1. Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil $131 (CAD). A retinol rich night-time treatment to help keep skin youthful and decrease signs of aging. Available at Sephora
2. Tarte’s Tartiest Pro Glow Highlight and Contour Palette $59 (CAD) to bring out your features and glow like a pro with healthy ingredients. Available at Sephora
3. Rituel de fille Rare Light Luminizer in Ghost light $38.21 (CAD). This opalescent luminizer is everything – cool toned pinks with a shift of light into a violet blue.
4. AVEDA Balanced Mini Chakras holiday set “Feeling Balanced is a Gift” $79 (USD)
5. Kevin Murphy Doo.Over Spray (available in salons – check here to find a salon near you). It’s a dry-powder finishing spray with hold that smells absolutely amazing!
6. Create a flawless look with My Kit Co’s “My Essential Makeup Brush Set” on sale $81.22 (CAD). Made for the pros by a pro, these brushes feel great on the face and in the artist’s hand.
7. AQUIS Desert Rose Essential Hair Turban or Towel $41.38 (CAD) will help keep hair smooth with less frizz when wrapping up your delicate wet hair. Available at Nordstrom
8. DryBar Hold Me Hair Clips $22.07 (CAD) available at Nordstrom. Twist your hair into a bun on top of your head and secure with clip – great way to sleep while extending the life of your blow out!
9. Avoid hair breakage with the Invisibobble $11.00 (CAD), available at Sephora
10. Korean beauty from the pros. Anti-aging Sheet Mask Bundle from Peach & Lilly $20 (USD)
11. Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris Eau de Parfum Spray $110 (CAD). A beautiful parfum inspired by the city of love, Paris! Available at Sephora
12. Who doesn’t love easy!? One-step facial cleanser that tones and hydrates skin and is safe on the eyes – philosophy Purity Made Simple $48/16 oz (CAD) available at Sephora
13. Relax and detox with Herbivore Botanicals Dead Sea Salts $15 each (CAD) on sale at Chapters
14. Emphasize those beautiful beaming eyes using Shu Uemura Bigger Thank Tokyo Eyes $69 (CAD) at Sephora
15. Cleanse using Foreo Luna Mini 2 for healthier, radiant, more youthful-looking skin.
16. Cinema Secrets Brush Cleaner is by far the best brush cleaner I’ve ever used. Antimicrobial, dries quickly, no-rinse needed and actually removes the makeup from your brushes! $27 (CAD) for 8oz starter kit.